This notes a about to record how I start a Amazon AWS service from zero.
When I access to the AWS console first time, I got confused and just felt that I may not able to handle it. So I try to as an expert to do something for me, but the price just shocked me and finally, I decided to face this AWS monster I myself.
And now, I think I could easily handle EC2 and RDS in minutes, at the same time, I learned how to use linux commands and setting up phpmyadmin. To get all of these skills and knowledge just used me 3 days! Yes, so I thing the most important is : Don’t think too much, must google it and do it, times by times, and you get it.
- Setting up EC2 – See this2: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/zh_cn/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/install-LAMP.html, http://www.bqjournal.com/amazon-aws-ec2-wordpress-tutorial,
- Login to AWS using PuTTY – ** Using 1024 bits in generated key in PuttyKeyGen, don’t use 2048, refer to : http://docs.aws.amazon.com/zh_cn/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/putty.html
- Creating Security Group – Security Group handle all accesiblity to the AWS
- Understanding VPC – realated to Security Group
- Start RDS service – Very Easy, see Setting Up EC2 second link
- Install Apache and Php – sudo service httpd start, see Setting Up EC2 first link.
- Access to RDS Mysql – refer to : http://beanxyz.blog.51cto.com/5570417/1531843 ,
- Install PhpMyAdmin – according to AWS lesson, note: the path is >> /etc/phpMyAdmin , see Setting EC2 first link
- Upload files to AWS Linux by using Pageant and PSCP – Pageant must required to add key. see: http://www.hostknox.com/tutorials/ssh/putty/file-transfer
- Understanding Linux – Just Like Dos
Go ahead now!!!